GUIDELINES FOR ORAL PRESENTATION
Oral presentations have been allocated 12 minutes of effective presentation
time, plus 3 minutes given to Q/A.
Authors must prepare their oral presentations to be sure to convey their message in clear
sharp manner, including giving outline of the key principles, facts and results. More
discussions can continue during the breaks.
In order to ensure a smooth performance
during your session, please consider
the following instructions:
- • Be at the session room 15 minutes before session starts and introduce yourself to
- • A laptop and LCD projector will be available in all conference rooms. Speakers
not allowed to use their own laptops, avoiding useless time breaks in between
- • Bring your presentation on a USB memory stick in MS-PowerPoint or Adobe PDF
and upload it in the Session Room computer no later than 15 minutes prior to your
session start! You can also bring it earlier, during the coffee/lunch breaks of any
days before your presentation. A volunteer will be at your disposal to help you
it in the right place in order to find it easily at the time of presentation.
- • In order to avoid any compatibility problems, read carefully the instructions
- • We recommend the PPT/PPTX/PDF format
- • All videos or animations in the presentation must run automatically!
- • We cannot provide support for embedded videos in your presentation; please test
presentation with the on-site laptop several hours before your presentation.
- • In case your video is not inserted in MS-PowerPoint, it is possible to have it in
other formats – MPEG 2,4, AVI (codecs: DivX, XviD, h264) or WMV. Suggested bitrate
all mpeg4 based codecs is about 1 Mbps with SD PAL resolution (1024x576pix with
pixels, AR: 16/9).
- • In case of Full HD videos, please let us know quite in advance.
- • Only fonts that are included in the basic installation of MS-Windows will be
available (English version of Windows). Use of other fonts not included in Windows
cause wrong layout/style of your presentation.